Skip to main content

Testimony

Testimony

Hello. Life with a brain injury is way harder than easy, let alone one with the synonyms “severe and traumatic”  in front. I should know because I am blessed with one… When talking with people,  because it happens way more often than not, I wait for let’s say three seconds till the subject of what I do with myself between the hours of 9 to 5 normally comes up. Or if not that, normally I can tell them noticing the darting glances elsewhere on my body,  the way I walk. The “question” comes up. Why.
I am ever so glad, in and un-glad kind of way, to tell them why. It is not that I do not know that it was and is a shame on way more levels than one. The way it I was living. Partying, the girls, and drinking, which way more than one person has been guilty of. May 19, 2007. The fact that I was driving solo on that night was merely a God-sent blessing. Thereby removing the need of me nervously stuttering while going through the story of what happened to a crying mother and steaming father. And the only person I have to blame is myself. The reason I did not have to go to jail was that the officer on duty thought I was as good as dead, and good reason too.

          Again would like to tell you what my God did for me. Before I go on I feel it necessary to

inform you that when I say, my God, I am referring to the Maker of heaven and earth. The only

God, my beginning, and my end. For that matter everyone’s beginning and everyone’s end. My

situation has brought me face-to-face with far more than no people, all with millions of different 

excuses, reasons they would rather not listen and keep on doing what they do. Yes, they’ll listen 

to me tell about how a 25-year-old man struggled to live and survived. They will answer it with 

the usual wows. All the while their faces masking as one of the usual excuses is said and/or 

used, to distract me like women, alcohol, and drugs. 

           Rather successfully used to keep me complacent, off the subject, and from popping the 

question of whether or not they’ve decided where they’re going to spend the longer portion of 

the life. They, hearing that I have turned over a new leaf, following a new road, did not know what

to think. You see I am more certain than not that God saved my life through Jesus. Peace.         

Understanding that we don’t have to face it alone, all we have to do is
  
ask and help will be there. As I’ve been prescribed to lots of different 

medications ranging from ones to do with my spasticity and others to deal

 with the seizures. Now, as of when it happened, I no longer need to take

 medication, and for that I praise God. I praise Him for a host of reasons. 

For allowing me the pleasure of walking again, repeatedly saving my life, 

for each day I’m alive, and whenever I die pre-written will happen to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AboutME

My person, personality and being all is what it is. After being born, re-born, then re-re... so many times it makes none whatsoever. After living through the most drastic ruckdabuck of my life, in where my "main computer" fell asleep. Waking up and when I had finally reached the degree of cognition needed to understand, I eventually noticed my right side felt "blank" as if IT  was not there.  Almost everyone knows how talking themselves into climbing behind the wheel after consuming multiple ... is easier after consuming. You see I had been driving this way under almost every condition under the sun, moon and until I saw stars. Well, the stars turned out to be imaginary. Turned out they were from a brain injury, one of the severe traumatic sort. Was told at a later time that my body was suffering from semi-paralysis, mainly on the right side but my world was changed. This occurred on May 9, 2007, ONE DAY out of the many I will never r...

My SOLUTION to ALL Problems

My solution may not sound as if it addresses ALL the world’s problems, but it DOES, the answer I speak of is Peace. Not just any peace either, not as the world gives, but True Peace can only be found in the Prince of Peace, Jesus Christ. I just said a prayer for your husband, if he does not have the peace that only the Prince of can provide, MAKE SURE it is offered him. Trust me it was far longer than short, but I am standing after living through a collision between the car I was driving and a cedar tree. Since I was not wearing my seat belt, thinking myself to be far smarter than not. Cedar being far harder than soft wood when it came into the passenger side of my vehicle it collided with my head directly. At some speed well over 65 mph and BLESSED me with this Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. You may be wondering, "Why does he refer to an injury of that severity as a blessing, not a curse?" To which I would respond, I do not exactly know why bad things happen. Besides this i...