Skip to main content

Testimony

Testimony

Hello. Life with a brain injury is way harder than easy, let alone one with the synonyms “severe and traumatic”  in front. I should know because I am blessed with one… When talking with people,  because it happens way more often than not, I wait for let’s say three seconds till the subject of what I do with myself between the hours of 9 to 5 normally comes up. Or if not that, normally I can tell them noticing the darting glances elsewhere on my body,  the way I walk. The “question” comes up. Why.
I am ever so glad, in and un-glad kind of way, to tell them why. It is not that I do not know that it was and is a shame on way more levels than one. The way it I was living. Partying, the girls, and drinking, which way more than one person has been guilty of. May 19, 2007. The fact that I was driving solo on that night was merely a God-sent blessing. Thereby removing the need of me nervously stuttering while going through the story of what happened to a crying mother and steaming father. And the only person I have to blame is myself. The reason I did not have to go to jail was that the officer on duty thought I was as good as dead, and good reason too.

          Again would like to tell you what my God did for me. Before I go on I feel it necessary to

inform you that when I say, my God, I am referring to the Maker of heaven and earth. The only

God, my beginning, and my end. For that matter everyone’s beginning and everyone’s end. My

situation has brought me face-to-face with far more than no people, all with millions of different 

excuses, reasons they would rather not listen and keep on doing what they do. Yes, they’ll listen 

to me tell about how a 25-year-old man struggled to live and survived. They will answer it with 

the usual wows. All the while their faces masking as one of the usual excuses is said and/or 

used, to distract me like women, alcohol, and drugs. 

           Rather successfully used to keep me complacent, off the subject, and from popping the 

question of whether or not they’ve decided where they’re going to spend the longer portion of 

the life. They, hearing that I have turned over a new leaf, following a new road, did not know what

to think. You see I am more certain than not that God saved my life through Jesus. Peace.         

Understanding that we don’t have to face it alone, all we have to do is
  
ask and help will be there. As I’ve been prescribed to lots of different 

medications ranging from ones to do with my spasticity and others to deal

 with the seizures. Now, as of when it happened, I no longer need to take

 medication, and for that I praise God. I praise Him for a host of reasons. 

For allowing me the pleasure of walking again, repeatedly saving my life, 

for each day I’m alive, and whenever I die pre-written will happen to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Memory/\/\/

Standing 'round the house, conversing with my ma'... Actually, the memory word for word moment by moment how exactly this memory was first brought about. Then time itself, along with wear of this world grasping the credit for my beginning to lose it was stopped by mine and everyone's Alpha and Omega. You see, myself being far from complex, the main reason for just next to everything I do is for what was said to me back in my re-beginning. My memory tells me without hearing distinct words, I just know. It is kind of like when first being released ... the only way to describe it is to say it. "All answers, everything you need to know, can be found at the beginning and the end." Beginning and the End … Of the day, of the season, at the time far earlier than late in my situation. Those two words meant little to not to me, looking back more attention should have been paid to them. At the time seeing that it wasn't as if as I at tinkering with whatev

My gym is the world...

        IT IS WHAT IT IS      ...And my world a gym, considering at first-wake knowing just next to nothing. My world consisted of my mother and my grandmother. Originally, I being a degree simpler than simple, all that was seen and known is known as the University of Virginia hospital... My first home away from home.So… Not knowing it  but this was my first instance of "It Is What It Is".        On top being windows to a person's soul, is just next to impossible for them to hide their true intentions. After successfully acquiring my steps2stepping from my second home away from home, HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital. My mother took me out to my house in the woods… where I love .First. What is done is far from unique my family prays and I with them, always remembering everyones' Beginning and End. Now you can say what you want because this is still a fairly free country, freer than not. What I've come to realize, to see in people&